LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) — Watching basketball and munching on snacks go hand in hand.
Keith Kaiser of WDRB asked Kroger chef Paul Dowell to create Tournament Munchies.
Pulled bread with 3 cheeses and garlic
- 1 round fresh baked La Brea Pane Toscano artisan bread
- 1 stick Kroger unsalted butter (cubed)
- 4 cloves Murray’s garlic, roasted (mashed) or raw, minced
- 1 C. Gourmet Garden Chopped Italian Herbs
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. Coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Sliced Smoked Gouda Private Selection
- ½ tsp. Private selection of grated sharp aged cheddar
- ½ tsp. Private Selection Whole Milk Grated Mozzarella
How to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into hatches about an inch apart. Be careful not to cut the bread right through, leave about a centimeter at the bottom. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the roasted garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil and remove from heat. Pour the melted butter mixture over the tops of the bread slices, making sure to work the butter down into the bread slices.
- Combine 3 cheeses in a small bowl and mix. Stuff cheese mixture into bread slices.
- Lightly cover the bread with aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The bread should be warm and lightly toasted.
- Serve hot out of the oven. It’s perfect with your favorite beer cheese and marinara!
Baked Cuban Sliders
- 1-24 pieces Hawaiian Kings Salty Rolls
- 16 slices Boar’s Head Hickory-Smoked Black Forest Ham (about 1 lb)
- 1 ea. McClures Sweet & Spicy Pickle Chips (drained)
- 8 slices of Emmi Swiss cheese
- 1 ½ stick Kroger unsalted butter
- 2 Tbl. Private Selection Spicy Whole Mustard Beer
- 1 C. Simple Truth Organic Everything Seasoning (more as needed)
How to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly spray a 9″X13″ baking dish with a pan release.
- Cut the rolls horizontally, keeping the rolls intact so you have a big bun on top and bottom. Set the top loaf aside and place the bottom in the prepared baking dish.
- Fold the slices of ham in half and line up two rows from the back to the front of the dish, covering the entire dish. Sprinkle pickles evenly and cover with a single layer of Swiss. Place the top bun across.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the mustard and all the seasoning. Bring to a low boil and remove from heat. Pour the melted butter mixture evenly over the tops of the buns. Sprinkle the top with a little extra seasoning for everything.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The sandwich should be hot and lightly toasted.
- Serve hot out of the oven. Use a spatula to cut the sandwiches into portions before serving.
Southwestern Roast Chicken Dip
- 1 Whole Home Chef Roast Chicken (shredded and ground)
- 1-8oz. pkt. Kroger Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1-16oz. pkt. Kroger Sour Cream
- 1-8oz. package Kroger Hot Pepper Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1-8oz. pkt. Kroger Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1-15.25 oz. can of Kroger black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1-14.75 oz. box Del Monte Fire Roasted Corn (drained)
- 1 ea. Garden Fresh Jack’s Special Salsa
- Garnish chopped cilantro, jalapeno, green onion
How to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9″X13″ baking dish with pan release.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded 3 cheeses, black beans and salsa. Mix well and distribute evenly in your baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The dip should be hot all the way through, bubbly and golden. Sprinkle with your favorite green toppings.
- Serve hot out of the oven. This dip is great with tortilla chips, pretzel bites, Jennifer’s breadsticks and fresh cut vegetables.
Sliders with Italian sausage and meatballs
- 1 freshly baked La Brea French baguette (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb Private Selection 85/15 Angus Ground Beef
- 1 gr. Egg
- ½ tsp. Private Selection Italian Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp. Murray’s Fresh Grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp. Private Selection Whole Milk Grated Mozzarella
- ½ Tbl. Private Selection Italian Herb Grinder
- 1-18oz. pkt. Kroger Mild Italian Sausage
- 1-7oz. pkt. Murray’s Roasted Tomatoes
- 18 decorative skewers or long ruffled toothpicks
How to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, mozzarella and Italian spices. Mix all the ingredients well. Use a 2 oz. spoon to make 9 meatballs. Line the meatballs on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (should read 165° with an internal meat thermometer). Remove from oven.
- Grill the sausages over medium-high heat. Brown on each side and cook at 165°. Remove from fire.
- Line 18 baguette lines on your serving platter.
- Cut each meatball in half and place on baguette flat side down.
- Slice the Italian sausage diagonally for a larger slice. Place a slice on your meatball.
- Place a slice of roasted tomato on the sausage, cover with a second slice of bread and prick with a long toothpick. To serve!
Copyright 2022 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.