BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) – Ryan Perry with HEB was in the Brazos Valley this morning. He shared affordable and easy recipes to try this summer. Watch the videos to learn how to prepare these dishes.
Perry started by showing us how to make Oyster Crackers with Garlic Butter and White Wine in the air fryer.
For dessert, he shared an easy way to make ice cream cake bites. You can easily change the flavors by changing the ice cream you use.
Perry also made kebabs in the air fryer which included sausage, corn and peppers. He said it would cost about $7 for this dish.
There was also a fragrant and fresh cocktail perfect for hot summer days and nights: a white wine and watermelon sangria. Watch this video in the player above.
Watermelon and White Wine Sangria
8 cups seedless watermelon divided
1 green apple
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 bottle of dry white wine, chilled
1 handful of mint leaves
½ lime, sliced
- Chop the watermelon and cut the apple into small pieces. Add chopped apples and 2 cups of watermelon to the bottom of a blender. Sprinkle with sugar and stir gently and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining 6 cups of watermelon to the blender and beat until juicy. Strain the mixture into a pitcher and add the white wine, fresh mint and thinly sliced lime rings. Stir and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours. Serve with ice and garnish with fresh lime and mint.
White Wine Garlic Butter Crackers
1 package of HEB oyster crackers or saltines
2 tablespoons olive oil
4- tablespoons Adam’s Reserve White Wine Garlic Butter Seasoning
- Mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Set the fryer to 300 degrees for 8-10 minutes and cook until golden brown
- Or bake in a conventional oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes
1 ear of corn
1- yellow pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1-Texas sweet onion
1- pack of HEB sausage
1 bottle of lime juice (12-16 oz)
1 packet HEB taco seasoning
1. Cut the peppers and onion into small pieces
2. Cut corn and sausage into rounds
3. Combine lime juice and taco seasoning in a large container
4. Build the skewers and place them in a container with the marinade for 1-4 hours
5. Cook on grill, oven or deep fryer until desired crispiness
Ice Cream Cake Bites
1 pint ice cream, any flavor
1 cup self-rising flour
1. Melt ice cream until liquid, then mix with flour until smooth
2. Pour the batter into a muffin tin and bake at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes
3. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve
Copyright 2022 KBTX. All rights reserved.