Vegan ravioli dough
-The equivalent of a cup of semolina
-1 cup all-purpose flour (to make kneading easier)
-Â½ cup of aquafaba (this can be the cooking water of the chickpeas)
-1 tablespoon of water
1. In a bowl, combine the semolina and flour.
2. Soak the chickpeas for 24 hours and save water – this is aquafaba. Keep the chickpeas aside for reuse.
3. Combine the water and aquafaba in a bowl.
4. Mix and knead with your hands for a few minutes until the dough is soft. If the dough is too wet and sticky, add more flour (a tablespoon each time). If it is too dry, add water.
5. Cover and keep the dough cool for 30 minutes.
For the butternut squash
-4 cups cubed butternut squash
-1/3 cup of roasted cashews
-1 tablespoon of yeast
Vegan sage butter:
-1 fresh garlic clove, minced
-8 fresh sage leaves
-Freshly squeezed lemon juice
-Â¼ cup of vegetable broth
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Peel the butternut and cut it in half. Using a spoon, scrape off the seeds and filaments that you can cook later.
3. Cut the butternut squash into small 2-3 cm cubes and place them on a baking sheet. Add olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, making sure to turn them halfway through cooking.
5. During the last 5-7 minutes of cooking, add the cashews to the baking sheet until they begin to brown.
6. Place the cooked butternut cubes, cashews and baking powder in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy (3-4 minutes).
7. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts. Place a teaspoon of butternut chickpea paste in the center of a square of pastry, then add another square on top of it and close it tight with the tines of a fork around the edges.
8. Dip the stuffed ravioli in boiling water (if necessary, cook in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan) for 2 to 4 minutes. Remove them with a spoon and serve with a vegan sage sauce.
Vegan Sage Butter Sauce
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown. Add the sage leaves and let sizzle for a few seconds.
2. Remove from the heat and add the garlic. Once the garlic smell is released, add the lemon juice and vegetable broth.
Enjoy your lunch!