It might just be me, but every time I look on my social media, someone is making desserts or breads that look incredibly delicious. According to Google Trends, as the coronavirus continues to spread, searches for “banana bread” have skyrocketed. Over the past 30 days, these searches have increased by 84% in the UK and 54% globally. It may be stress, or it may be boredom, but people are in the kitchen living their best life.
But here’s the challenge: I try not to go to grocery stores, and food deliveries are erratic, so I have a harder time creating the desserts my family loves when I’m stuck at home. I can’t keep enough flour, sugar and eggs. Enter: 3-ingredient recipes designed for moms like me, who decide to make big meals only to find I have half the ingredients.
Here are our favorite 3-ingredient desserts your whole family will love:
1. Peanut Butter Cereal Bites
Total time: 15 minutes
- Peanut Butter
- Cereals with honey and nuts
- Put 1 part peanut butter and 1 part honey in a bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute. Stir until combined.
- Add 3-4 parts of cereal. Stir.
- Cut into bite-size pieces and place on waxed paper to cool.
Recipe of Delicious .
2. Chocolate fondant
Total time: 90 minutes
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Nuts and pretzels, optional
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter (or margarine, if that’s all you have on hand) to a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium power until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Be sure to stir about every minute.
- Pour the fudge mixture into a well-greased 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.
Recipe of Dear Crissy .
3. Shortbread Cookies
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Icing sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour. Press batter into an ungreased 9-inch pan. square mould. Prick with a fork.
- Bake until light brown, 30-35 minutes. Cut into squares while hot. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, dust with icing sugar.
Recipe of Taste of home .
4. Healthy Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Bars
Serves: 1 bar
Total time: 30 minutes
- 6 to 7 mashed bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your mashed bananas, peanut butter, and old-fashioned rolled oats and stir until a thick paste remains. If the dough is too thin, add some extra oats. If using chocolate chips, fold them in with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan and spread it into an even layer. Top with additional chocolate chips and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let breakfast bars sit in pan for 10 minutes, or until loose enough to transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
Recipe of a The world of great men .
5. Peanut Butter Cups
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate, melted
- Prepare a cupcake mold with 6 cases.
- Mix peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate in the bottom of each cupcake pan.
- Drop 1-2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate.
- Cover each dollop of peanut butter with more chocolate and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove the peanut butter molds from the liners.
Recipe of Delicious .
6. Sugar Cookies
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Watering, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the sugar and butter, beating both until the butter is almost white and the mixture is light and fluffy, almost like a slightly grainy icing, then stir in the flour.
- Shape the cookies into 1-inch balls, placing them about two inches apart on a baking sheet. If using sprinkles, flatten cookies into disc shape and top with sprinkles.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
Recipe of Delight .
7. Cake Cobbler
Total time: 55 minutes
- 2 cans of peaches in light syrup
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the peaches in a baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix on top and pour melted butter all over.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 50 minutes.
Recipe of All recipes .